On 2 October 2019, the USTR announced that the United States would impose additional tariffs on aircraft, food products, and other goods from the European Union. Effective 18 October 2019, the tariffs will add 25% on more than 150 goods imported from countries within the European Union, plus an additional 10% tariff on new aircraft from France, Germany, Spain, and the United Kingdom.
This action is grouped into fifteen sections of tariffs, summarized as follows:
- Countries Affected: France, Germany, Spain, and the United Kingdom
- Tariff: 10% on new airplanes and other aircraft
- Country Affected: United Kingdom
- Tariff: 25% on whiskey, clothing items, blankets
- Country Affected: Germany
- Tariff: 25% on coffee, axes, tools, knives, machinery, microwaves, lenses
- Countries Affected: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and the United Kingdom
- Tariff: 25% on a variety of dairy, cheese, olive oil, and meat products
Take a moment to review the detailed list of products affected, including the USHTS Provisional tariff.
Please contact your OIA Global representative if you have any questions.