Logistics planning for any size or weight, overcoming obstacles without complication
To remain competitive in today's global economy, it's imperative companies can supply out-of-gauge, hazardous, and project equipment worldwide. Whether its power plant equipment, sustainable energy infrastructure, or oil and gas projects, all parties in the transportation process must reduce risk and control costs. Success truly depends on planning and execution. These heavy lift cargo shipments present unique international logistics challenges, and OIA has the experts and experience to ensure every obstacle is overcome.
Relying on our global network of 61 offices in 28 countries, OIA Global can support any heavy-lift challenge safely, on-time anywhere in the world. OIA's project logistics professionals handle logistical planning by developing route plans, method statements, and risk assessments vital to customers with complex movements that require careful staging, sequencing, and coordination.
Common Challenges for Project Shipments
- Securing transport clearances from country and regulatory bodies on time.
- Obtaining lifting and securing certified equipment to ensure the safety of the personnel involved and the equipment itself.
- Sourcing qualified and trained personnel at remote locations.
- Ensuring lifting and securing arrangements are being planned and agreed upon in advance to facilitate the works ahead of the operations.
- Environmental changes and unforeseen circumstances requiring plan adjustments during execution.
- Coordination and sequencing of multiple contractors throughout the operation.
CASE STUDIES: OIA in Action
An out-of-gauge logistics challenge facilitates a new energy source in Southern Europe
Logistics challenge enables client to build the world's heaviest and tallest wind and power infrastructure
120 TONS: One vessel, reduced carbon footprint, one bill of lading