To remain competitive in today's global economy, it's imperative companies can supply out-of-gauge, hazardous, and project equipment worldwide. However, these heavy lift cargo shipments present unique international logistics challenges, and OIA is there to ensure every obstacle is overcome. Some of the many challenges faced on these project shipments include:
- Securing transport clearances from country and regulatory bodies on time.
- Obtaining lifting and securing certified equipment to ensure the safety of the personnel involved and the equipment itself.
- Sourcing qualified and trained personnel at remote locations.
- Ensuring lifting and securing arrangements are being planned and agreed upon in advance to facilitate the works ahead of the operations.
- Environmental changes and unforeseen circumstances requiring plan adjustments during execution.
- Coordination and sequencing of multiple contractors throughout the operation.
OIA Project Logistics: Planning and Execution
Whether its power plant equipment, sustainable energy infrastructure or oil and gas projects, all parties in the transportation process must reduce risk and control costs. Success truly depends on planning and execution.
The OIA project logistics professionals handle logistics planning for goods of any size or weight without complications. We develop route plans, method statements and risk assessments vital to customers with complex movements that require careful staging, sequencing, and coordination. Relying on our global network of 65 offices in 28 countries, OIA Global can support any heavy-lift challenge safely, on time; all while, reducing costs and risk no matter where in the world.
CASE STUDIES: OIA in Action
An out-of-gauge logistics challenge facilitates a new energy source in Southern Europe
Logistics challenge enables client to build the world's heaviest and tallest wind and power infrastructure
120 TONS: One vessel, reduced carbon footprint, one bill of lading