The Business Development Manager is responsible for promoting and selling OIA Global Packaging products/services to customers who produce and transport their products internationally. Qualified candidates must be able to create a unique and compelling value proposition given the company’s distinctive business model, which may utilize different packaging materials (corrugated, folding, blister pack, POP and retail packaging) with unique supply chain solutions that can add significant value for the customer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- This is a business development position primarily challenged to significantly grow relationships at a high level in the customer’s organization focused on a business model that can optimize their packaging supply chain
- Ability to recognize opportunities in retail packaging resulting in sales lift for our customers through creative graphic or structural design
- In addition to transit packaging expertise, POP experience and product fulfillment strongly preferred
- Effectively manage the sales funnel through a structured process validating from suspect, prospect to target accounts
- Determine and develop account objectives and strategies with appropriate timelines and action plans for winning the business
- Provides periodic reporting as deemed appropriate as to performance related to mutually agreed KPI’s
- Manage complex customer relationships including C-level exposure and cross functional selling to understand and develop unique solutions for prospective customers
- Coordinates and assists with customer implementation and on-going maintenance, including the coordination of customer on-boarding
- Work with internal teams on detailed RFQ’s so that complexities of the opportunity are understood and quantified, account level strategies are known and understood
- Identify resources required to further company exposure of capabilities and value creation to the marketplace
- Cross functional selling with other functions of the business (logistics and transportation)
- Bachelor Degree from a four-year college/university; or 3-5 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience, advanced degree a plus
- 5-10 years of packaging sales experience with a preference for fiber-based materials, knowledge of other packaging related materials a plus
- Proven track record of significant and consistent increase in sales revenues
- Proven experience with major CPG’s, FMCG’s that source product globally with an emphasis in Asia
OIA Global Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our culture is fun, diverse and collaborative. We offer an exciting and growth-oriented work environment, and OIA employees enjoy competitive salaries and excellent benefits. Interested candidates please submit resumes to email@example.com. Please indicate job title in the subject line.
OIA Global provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.